Preptime: 1 hour
- Approximately 6 cups of veggies
- Green Beans
- Brussel Sprouts
- Red Cabbage
- Purple Cabbage
- Red Peppers
- Red Onion
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil
Note: You can use any type of veggies that you like in this dish. We use whatever happens to be in the fridge. Everytime we make this stir fry we experiment with adding different combinations of veggies. Experiment and have fun! 🙂
- Prepare your veggies by washing, peeling, slicing and chopping to the size and shape that you prefer. There are so many fun ways to prep your veggies. Play and try new ways each time you make the dish. 🙂
- Saute the veggies in 2 Tbs. of coconut oil meant for cooking.
- Sweet the onion until translucent.
- Add the harder veggies (carrot, beans, brussel sprouts ) and cook on medium heat in a fry pan until they are tender (not mushy)
- Add the leafy veggies. They take less time to cook. Continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Mix 1 Tbs. spoon of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water. Stir to dissolve
- Add the water mixture to the coconut milk and heat on medium stirring constantly to thicken.
- Add the coconut milk to the veggies, stir and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add additional coconut milk as needed. You want enough liquid in the bottom to make a type of gravy that the veggies will steam in.
Note: In a pinch, if you don’t have veggies in the house, grab a bag of pre-packaged stir fry mix of your choice, add additional veggies that you have on hand if you’d like and use the sauce in the package, this sauce or anytype of Houssin or Soy Sauce. There you go! Fast, healthy, delicious and made to order just for you! 🙂
From our kitchen to yours!